RETROFIT WORKSPACE GUIDELINES
Create a minimum of 6ft/2m distancing between people in open workstations, and meeting spaces. Reduce occupancy by removing desks, tables, and seating, or use alternating desks.
More Owned Spaces
Reduce/eliminate shared desking and shift to more owned individual spaces.
Reconfigure desking to reduce face to face orientation.
Add Space Division
Increase barriers for existing workspaces by adding screening, storage elements, plants, or partitions.
Implement the highest boundary possible above the work surface (on all exposed sides) when a
minimum 6ft/2m distance cannot be achieved.
KEYPOINTS FOR FLOOR PLAN CONSIDERATION
- Higher space division and natural elements create separation and psychological comfort.
- Sanitation stations provide easy access to cleaning supplies
- Mobile boundary screens protect a team’s territory and their backs.
- Changing the arrangement (geometry) of the desks reduces face-to-face orientation.
- Individual workstations have been separated to provide a minimum of 6ft/2m distance between people. Screens provide additional division.
- Movable boundary screen protects personal space and reduces exposure.
- Reduced guest seating and adjusted orientation create distancing in the private office.
Ideas for how to progressively adapt existing work settings to meet the new health and safety requirements for a post-COVID workplace.
RJV Office Furnishing LLC
165 Marine St, Farmingdale, NY 11375
516 217 2824(O)